"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Oh Happy Day: Part Fourteen

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!  Yep, David Adams is 25 today!  Can you believe it?

I really never thought we'd get here.  No like really.  I didn't think I could stay the course this long!  Haha!  But I have!  And you have been faithful to read and comment as well!  And now, hopefully, if you're still reading, it's a chance to see yourself if you were in attendance for our wedding day.  Of course, if you were in attendance, you probably aren't still reading.  But maybe you are, and maybe my photographer got a picture of you, and maybe it wound up here on the blog!  Real quick before we start, you know I have to give you a recap rundown...

Oh Happy Day: Part One
Oh Happy Day: Part Two
Oh Happy Day: Part Three
Oh Happy Day: Part Four 
Oh Happy Day: Part Five 
Oh Happy Day: Part Six 
Oh Happy Day: Part Seven
Oh Happy Day: Part Eight
Oh Happy Day: Part Nine
Oh Happy Day: Part Ten
Oh Happy Day: Part Eleven
Oh Happy Day: Part Twelve 
Oh Happy Day: Part Thirteen

And now, this post will be a little different.  I have no intention of telling you crazy, in depth stories about each of these people. They all mean a ton to us, and I'm sure you don't want to read individually about each of them.  So you can just browse the photos.  There are two exceptions to that below.

But I DID want to take a second {who am I kidding...probably longer then a second} and tell you how much these people mean to us as a whole.  I've told you a bunch about my wedding party and how much they mean to me, but I haven't told you about the people in the audience.  Well, what can I say other then that they drove from ALL over!  Parts of Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, and Texas were all represented. And those are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head!  We were blown away by people who loved us {and our families} enough to make the long or short drive and give up their Saturday to celebrate with us!  My wedding director kept telling us we were having a "destination" wedding, but what we didn't tell her was that if we had held it in Brandon, it still would have been a "destination" wedding! 
 
I did tell you that we asked them to pray for us basically any time they thought about us in the weeks, months, and years ahead and encourage us as we walk through the crazy life.  Well, let me just tell you that they went above and beyond that in so many ways.  The people that you see in the photos below {and really in every other single post prior and following} have constantly encouraged us throughout this year.  Some sent wedding anniversary cards to us for our anniversary.  Some contacted us through email, text, call, or facebook.  But more then just remembering our anniversary, they have continually prayed for us.  Some have even called to ask what they could specifically pray for.

If you've been around the blog for a little while, you know that David and I had a unique situation after we got married last June.  We had big plans of David having a job, and moving for him to start that.  And with the economy the way it was, we just felt like over and over we just kept hearing God say "WAIT!"  {wow...in 2 sentences I just summarized 6 months of the blog!}.  Well, wait we did.  And we were confused.  And it was tough.  But there were SO many people who came along side us and helped in ways we'll never be able to say thank you enough!  Whether it was a prayer, a text, a phone call, a note or even the few that found us housesitting jobs, yardwork jobs, and whatever other random job you could imagine, these friends truly stuck by us.  And we are so thankful for them!  There are absolutely no words that we could ever say to thank you enough.  I just hope that David and I can return all of the encouragement you've shown us in our first year of marriage to other young couples as well.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your love, encouragement, wisdom, and guidance in our lives!









One of the exceptions I need to tell you about...If you saw, tasted, or drooled over our chocolate peanut butter cake {or the white cake}, we have this lady to thank!  She is the one who found our cake man!  Thanks Mrs. Beverly!











Second exception!  We love our Loving kids!  And I have no idea why David is laughing so hard at me loving on Isabelle!



Oh Ava! How I love your personality! 


And sweet, sweet Tessa!  You remind me so much of me when I was your age!  I hope that one day I'm coming to your princess themed wedding!  Until then, we'll just have to play princess, dress up, and dance party when I come to Starkville!






Oops!  Another exception!  This is my Grandfather.  His one goal on my wedding day was to get a photo with Miss Mississippi. He told me he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend.  I have no idea if he did, but when I got my pictures back and this one was in there, I laughed and laughed!







You knew I'd have another exception!  These are family friends that go back to before I was born or thought of!  I love all of these families!  And truthfully, I'm hoping and praying that David and I have friends like this when we are older.  You know, the kind that no matter how far apart you live, you're best friends for life!


The best part about this is that the kids have become best friends too!  Yes we played in diapers when we were little, but we've grown to be great friends!  Bet you can figure out which one belongs to which set of parents!



This is my Grandmother's best friend since elementary school.  While I haven't been friends with my best friends since elementary school, I hope we look like this one day!  Still best friends at our grandkids weddings!



This is what true friends do for you!





Mr. John, his mom {Grandmother}, and his sisters



The entire Adams family.


Mrs. Patti and her twin brother, Pat, and her older sister Phyllis.




I hope you enjoyed seeing everyone!  Wish we had photos of all 350 guests, but there's just no way.  We truly are blessed with such wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment