"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Why I Love This Man

There are many, many reasons why I love this man.  Too many to list.  And yet I still try....


 He finds things in me that I didn't know were there.  And helps me realize my uniqueness.  And encourages me to use my uniqueness's for the glory of the Lord.


He is kind, gentle, humble, and meek.  He is tender and can put my mind at ease in two seconds.  Okay, sometimes it takes twenty minutes, but who's counting!



Even though he's all of the above, he's the goofiest guy I know.  He makes me laugh when I should be crying.  He always has a corny Beverly Hillbillies joke or Roy D Mercer comment to say even though he knows I won't get it, won't catch it until he points it out, and won't care after he does.  He expects me to roll my eyes, and knows that I wouldn't love him as much if he didn't act ridiculously silly 95% of the time!

He lightens my heart and my load.


He follows Christ.  He seeks Him out daily and leads me daily in the way that Christ directs him to.  He's not afraid to admit when we've taken a wrong turn in life and is committed to setting us on the right path.  He follows Christ.

He reminds me to guard my mouth. My words. And my tongue.  Somethings need to be said, but only for his ears.  Somethings need to be said to Him--my heavenly Father.  And Some things are better left unsaid. {and somethings I should probably only tell my Mom}.


He is my warrior.  My knight in shining armor.  A body builder in the weightroom and for the Kingdom.  He stands strong against the devil and his wicked plan.  He fights my demons beside me.  We put on the armor of the Lord daily so that our marriage stands firm in Christ.  He is my protector.  The Lord is our guide. "WHOM shall we fear?"


He may not hold our horizon in the palm of his hand, but he knows the one who does.  And together, we seek and obey God's direction and purposes for our life together.  And though the waves can be found below, our God elevates us with His righteous right hand.  And David guides us with his left.  


Sometimes, he gets tired of smiling for pictures. 


And yet other times, he cheeses them up!  Mostly in an effort to make me laugh.


He is dedicated.  To his God.  To his wife.  To his friends.  To his job. To the work the Lord has placed in his path.


He puts me before himself.  He tries to love unconditionally, even when it's hard. 


He is my one and only.  I am so very, very blessed.


And I love David


 1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

 13So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 comment: