"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Fun Finds {7/15/11}

Today for Friday Fun Finds, I wanted to share with you one of my good friend's new adventure!  You may remember my friend Laura.  She married her David on June 11th of this year.  And I promise, at some point I'm going to blog about it!  Anyway, Laura has set out on a new fashion adventure.  She has always been my fashionista friend.  In fact, I have been known to call Laura A LOT to get her opinion on clothes, shoes, etc.  Kind of funny when I'm in Memphis and she's in Jackson trying to figure out if it "looks" good!

Today, I wanted to showcase the talent that Laura has.  Her new adventure involves her own business, fashion, vintage, and sparkly things.  Yep, my friend is making and selling jewelry!  And I LOVE IT!  So I wanted to give you an opportunity to see her work.  She really does have a gift!  Introducing


First off, I'll give you her blog link.  Laura can be found writing about all of her cute new items here.  I also follow her, and you can get there from the link on the right side of my page under "blogs I follow."

Laura has been busy designing unique, one of a kind repurposed vintage jewelry and this little dream of hers is becoming a reality.  She even has some stores that are beginning to feature her work.  I believe in her so much and can already tell how much she loves this!  Mixing work with pleasure.  She's a teacher full time {and a pretty awesome one at that}, but I know her jewelry is going to take her far as well.

You can find some of her pieces on Facebook in addition to her website, but I wanted to show y'all a few of my favorites!

How adorable is this Skeleton Key necklace?  If I owned this, I would wear it with everything!  I think you can't get anymore vintage than skeleton keys!  LOVE!  {pst...if you click on the photos, it will take you to a link to buy!}


And of course, most of you know how much I'm obsessed with owls.  Well, so is Laura!  We were Chi Omegas together, so it's only fitting that we share that love!  I thought I'd share with y'all her owl creations as well.

I love, love, love these owl studs!  Laura shared with us on her blog that studs are IN!  Well, I have a secret.  I own no stud earrings!  And I'm sad to say that!  I definitely have my eye on these cute owls.  I think they would be so cute with tshirts or dressed up clothes!  Nothing like a pair of earrings that you can wear dressed down or dressed up!  Completely functional!


And isn't this petite owl necklace adorable too?!  I could see it being a versatile piece too--one that you wear with everything.  You know? Like your staple necklace that you never take off.  Guess that's just me and my love of owls!


And finally, I want to share with you my Birds earrings.  Laura gave these to her bridesmaids to wear on her wedding day.  However, what you don't know is that I had been eyeing these beauties for a few weeks BEFORE the wedding!  Another friend and I were convinced that we were going to splurge on these at a later date, but when I opened my gift from Laura, I was THRILLED!  She must have been inside all of my and my friend's gchat conversations swooning over these!  Needless to say, I called my friend on the way to the wedding to tell her about our bridesmaid's gifts.  She now owns a pair too!




Are they not beautiful?!  If you're interested in any of the products here or to see what else Laura has to offer, visit her website at the button below!  Just click on it!  You know you want to!


I'm so excited to see where the Lord leads Laura with this new adventure!  And you can bet, I'll be owning many more Birds pieces!  Hope you enjoyed today's Fun Find!  What do you think?  Do you love it as much as me?  Will you be adding some Birds pieces to your jewelry collection too?


No comments:

Post a Comment