"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Oh Happy Day: Part Two

Part Two today!  In case you missed part one, you'll want to go read it here

After rehearsal, off we went to the State Theater for an incredible evening of food and fun at the rehearsal dinner.  My in-laws made it such a special night for everyone!  My mother-in-law decided to play off of the Theater theme. For those of you who don't know, the State Theater is located downtown and used to be a movie theater a long, long time ago.  So we had movie posters, tickets, popcorn, and even a photobooth for people starring in our big day.  It was so cute!  

This was the door decorated to lead everyone upstairs.  "Sara+David...A Love Story" was the movie title and you can see our "poster" below. 


When everyone walked in, there was a table with movie tickets laid out. Guests were invited to pick them up and head upstairs to their table. 


For place cards, my Mother-in-law found all of these cute movie strip frames.  Every person at every table had one, and each listed their role in our "movie."  David Adams starring as the GROOM!


The table centerpieces included stars and popcorn.  Wire popcorn strands were woven throughout the roses and all of the vases were popcorn boxes.  Super cute!


Everyone was invited to take photos in the photobooth.  It was so cute!  However, I'm so not sure how David and I missed this. I'm not even sure I knew about it until our photos came back!  Needless to say, we didn't get any photos in it.  However, it made for some funny and cute ones.  Here are a few:








The buffet spread included lots of yummy food!  Forgive me for not remembering what we had.  I unfortunately had a bad case of nerves and didn't really eat.  It was good though! I tasted everything!


The whole room and our guests...


David's dad blessed the food and we were off!


These are David's amazing parents. I'm so thankful for such wonderful in-laws.


And these are my wonderful parents!


The whole head table.


To get things started, we showed a short {ahem 16 minute} video.  It was done by our good friend Tanner who is so incredibly blessed with a videography gift. His idea was to do a "documentary" of sorts about our relationship and our "story."  We were so blessed to have Tanner to do this.  If you would like to watch it, follow the link below to Facebook. That's the only digital copy I have of it.  Hope you enjoy. 


If not, here's a photo from it:


We were watching {and laughing} at the video!



At this point, it was time for speeches and roasting.  We were so blessed to have so many friends bless us with their funny stories and well wishes.  In rewatching the speeches the other night, I was reminded how many great stories my friends had to tell about me.  They were hilarious.  Underlying theme....I talk a lot.  David didn't really get it that bad! 

 I didn't really include many pictures from this part.  However, I did want you to see my friend Megan here.  Don't mistake those tears for being upset.  I can look at this photo and know that she was laughing so hard that she was crying!  The best kind of tears!


This is our friend Andy.  I wanted to include his picture because after rewatching the video, I had to share with y'all what he said.  Okay, he said a bunch of things, but he ended with something like this. "Sara, at my wedding David called me out on some of my living habits, but I'm not going to tell you anything. I think it will be more fun for you to figure it out!"  Haha!  No warnings there. Or maybe that was a warning.


And then this is Anna. My college roommate for four years.  Why is it that college roommates always have the best "dirt" on you?  Anna graced everyone with a perfect rendition of my senior in high school self.  It was hilarious!


We are definitely grateful to everyone who got up to the mic and offered words of encouragement or a funny story.  It was a wonderful evening to be surrounded by lots of people that love us!

My last picture with my family before we add one more! 


David's groomsmen.


Three of my wonderful bridesmaids.


David with his family.


This is one of my all time favorite pictures of us.  Love it! 


It was a wonderful night at the State Theater.  We all went home to get lots of sleep before the big day. We all went home to try to get lots of sleep before the big day. Everyone except David and I got great sleep the night before the big day.  We were up forever in anticipation of the start of our married lives together!


No comments:

Post a Comment