"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Friday, December 31, 2010

Mississippi Magazine

When I was a little girl, I used to thumb through the Mississippi Magazine once a year.  I'd get so excited when Mom would go buy a copy in late December/early January or it would wind up in our mailbox because she had a subscription.  I'd oooh and aaah and admire every page.

For those of you who don't know, every January edition of the Mississippi Magazine is a Wedding Register for the state of Mississippi.

Every wedding would capture me.  First, I'd look for people I knew.  That was limited when I was ten.  Ten years later and that number had grown by leaps and bounds!  Then, I'd thumb through absorbing the dresses, flowers, and cakes into my mind.  I can still remember the year that the photos went from black and white to color.  Every color was phenomenal.  The bridesmaids with funny hair-dos, the grooms who married waaayy above what people would have thought, the beautiful dresses (the tacky ones too).....I could go on and on.  

It's safe to say that I had been planning my wedding since first seeing this magazine.  In high school, my friends would buy bridal magazines to help plan their weddings.  I bought the Mississippi Magazine bridal edition.  I was enthralled. absorbed. obsessed.

When my parents offered to do an ad for David and I this year, I was elated.  (David...while not elated, was excited because I was excited!) I have anxiously awaited for it's arrival since September!  I have still yet to see my copy, but I am so excited to be able to pour over it the way I usually do....all the while knowing that I can flip to Herrington-Adams and see my dream wedding---my very OWN!

Just wanted to pass on the word so that you wouldn't miss getting your copy.  I'm pretty sure that most bookstores carry it in Mississippi.  And if you don't live in Mississippi, you can order your copy here.  I do know from some friends that some of our flowers were featured in some of the collages that they do to lead into the ads.  Tracey Proctor, our florist, did a phenomenal job of bringing God's beauty in nature into our wedding ceremony and reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment