"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy Weekend

I typed this post LAST Sunday. However, due to a mean version of the stomach virus, am just now getting it posted.  Please forgive me! It's from LAST weekend. I'll have an update of this weekend soon.

-------------------------------

The Adams are definitely kicking off the holiday season!  No, we didn't put up a Christmas tree.  I know--it's super sad!  We're just staying busy like most normal families during the holiday season.

If you don't know WHY we aren't putting one up, see this post:  Blue Suede Shoes 

Yup, we're moving to Memphis in 12 days (now 6 days).  And the tears have already started.  I moved to Starkville six and a half years ago FULL of tears.  And it would only be right for me to leave with them, right?  I'm sure there will be more to come on that! For now, let's focus on the fun things we did this weekend.

Our weekend began babysitting our favorite little Loving kiddos. If you're new to the blog, those are our youth minister's children.  His wife Jenny is the one who is so good at couponing.  There are four of them, and we love them all.  Most notable events of the night:  1.) Isabelle (19 mo) blowing kisses with her hand every time David or I would blow her a kiss.  Then once, when she didn't want to do what I was telling her (like to come back where I was), she said "bye, bye."  Oh so cute--I really tried not to laugh.  And we played a game where she pointed to all of her body parts. 2.) Ava (5ish) telling David "knock, knock" jokes to wake him up.  Our favorite went like this:

Ava: Knock, knock
Me: Who's there?
Ava: Yellow
Me: Yellow Who?
Ava: Knock, knock
Me: Who's there?
Ava: Yellow

Me: Yellow Who? 
Ava: Knock, knock
Me: Who. Is. There.
Ava: Yellow

Me: Yellow.  Who.
Ava: Knock, knock
Me: WHO IS THERE???
Ava: Orange.
Me: Orange who?
Ava: How do you tell a toothfairy goodbye?
Me: I don't know.
Ava: LLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAVVVVEEEEE!


Oh. My. Gosh.  This seriously went on for like 30 minutes.  We did about a bajillion different types of this SAME knock knock joke!  I'm pretty sure she was trying to do the banana/orange joke I taught her last time.  So for most of the joke session I was dying out laughing at the fact she remembered orange as a color and not a fruit. I LOVE THIS KID!  


For that matter, I love them all!  Tessa and Carson are just as fun!  Though, we didn't have any funny stories from them last night.  Sadly, I didn't have my camera this time so you're missing out on those cute kiddos. They are in lots of previous posts though if you wish to catch up.

David has been interim youth minister at a church in Columbus since the end of August, and we have fallen in love with the youth there!  Our Saturday started with taking the youth to David's favorite place in Starkville--lunch and bowl!  And we had the most fun.  I played the best I ever have!  David says it's because the bumpers were covering the gutters, but I really didn't hit them many times.  You can see a few pictures of the girls below.



Chelsea and Allison

Brooke and Avery


Brooke, Avery, Nikki, and Maddie

Later that night, we went to Columbus to watch a few of our youth in their annual dinner theater.  Noah, Avery, and Chelsea were all a part of the acting while many of our youth served up some wonderful dinner that we enjoyed.  They did a play about a family that was crazy busy during the holidays.  The three youth in the production were by far the best!  Though our pastor might not appreciate me saying that since he was also in the production!  We really enjoyed our night out.  You can see some pictures below:


Chelsea's dad Mr. Bill and Noah in conversation during the play

 Chelsea and Avery on the couch during the play.

Afterward, we had to leave quickly because David was due back at the library to tutor.  He's been tutoring Stats students to bring in some extra income.  But right before we left, I grabbed Chelsea for a quick picture.  This girl cracks me up.  She's in the 8th grade and is a faithful reader of the blog.  She claims she's really going to miss David and I when we move to Memphis.  We'll see if she forgets about us!  Many people have told us that she could pass for my daughter, though I'm not sure I'm old enough to have a daughter her age!  She asked her dad if we could adopt her, and he said sure.  I told him she was too expensive for us to afford!  Though I hope she'll come visit when her family travels to Memphis for soccer tournaments!


 

We really are going to miss ALL of the studnets at Woodland Baptist in Columbus, MS when we move.  

The reality is slowly setting in that we're leaving soon.  Let's see how many memories we can make before we leave Starkville! 

No comments:

Post a Comment