"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Monday, April 18, 2011

Songs for the Season

Every year in about October, I get antsy.  Why, you ask?  Well, Thanksgiving is around the corner which of course means it's almost time for one of my favorite things ever. And strangely, I'm not talking about the Egg Bowl!

If you guessed Christmas, you'd be correct.  But more than just Christmas, the changing weather of October brings with it a desire to break out the Christmas tunes!  {Let's face it, I'd like to break them out in July when Hobby Lobby puts out the Christmas decor, but I don't think my hubby would approve}.  Christmas music seriously has to be one of my FAVORITE things about Christmastime.

Well, about two years ago, I made the decision to celebrate Easter in the same way.  Shouldn't we have Easter CDs too?  I mean just think about it.  Maybe you disagree, but I decided to create a compilation specific to my Savior and what He did for me.  As we go into this Passion Week before Easter on Sunday, I wanted to share with you my list.  It is an ever evolving list, and there are definitely hundreds more songs that I could have included on it.  These are just a few I choose to celebrate the week with.  While they may not be the author, I included the artist that sings my favorite version and tried to include links to the youtube videos.

1. Hosanna by Christy Nockels
2. Come and Listen by David Crowder Band
3. Why by Nicole Nordeman {love this song}
4. Lead Me to the Cross by Hillsong United
5. Crimson by Nicole Nordeman {Chopin's Prelude in E min--really cool song}
6. Nothing But the Blood by Matt Redman
7. At the Cross Where I First Saw the Light by John Sherrill Band
8. At the Cross by Hillsong
9. The Wonderful Cross by Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin
10. Mighty Is the Power of the Cross by Chris Tomlin
11. Lord, I Need You by Chris Tomlin
12. Amazing Grace {My Chains Are Gone} by Chris Tomlin
13. Jesus Paid It All by Kristian Stanfill
14. The Glory of Your Name by Christy Nockels
15. The Glory of it All by David Crowder Band
16. In Christ Alone by Avalon
17. Salvation is Here by Kristian Stanfill {link is Hillsong United singing it}
18. We Win by David Crowder {I know it's really about Jericho, but we have already won!}
19. Set Free by Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman
20. Shadow of Your Cross by Joel Engle
21. Carry Your Name by Christy Nockels
22. Awesome God by Hillsong
23. Our God Reigns by Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Charlie Hall, David Crowder

So if you were making an Easter CD, what would you include on it?  I just might have to add them to my ever-expanding playlist!

1 comment:

  1. Captivate Us by Watermark!!! One of my favorite songs of all time.

    ReplyDelete