"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

I have zero photos from my 25th birthday. I even resigned beforehand that I WOULD take pictures.  And I didn't. I'm so sorry.  But I did want to tell you about my fabulous hubby and what all he did to make it a special day.

We started our day at 4:45am to get ready for Downline.  Talk about the earliest I've ever woken up on my birthday!  So that meant breakfast in bed was out of the question.  Maybe next year (I'll be sure to keep y'all posted!).

All day long, I dreamed about what my hubby was getting me.  He had already told me to choose where I wanted to eat dinner.  After brainstorming all day, I informed him that I wanted the Rendezvous.  One of my favorites.  He was excited, needless to say.

We traveled downtown for our evening. We ate wonderful, glorious dry rub ribs.  They are my favorite.  Probably because my parents raised me on them!

When we came home, it was time to open presents.  I had requested a food scale.  I'm so sick of old recipes calling for 5 ounces of __________.  Now how am I supposed to get 5 ounces out of a 18 ounce bag?  I had seen an advertisement for a $20 scale, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond sent us a $5 off $15 coupon.  I posted it on the refrigerator for over a month with BIRTHDAY HINT written all over it in cute letters.  I even made sure to circle the expiration date.  The day of the expiration, it mysteriously disappeared off the fridge. Odd.  BUT, the first present I opened was my lovely food scale! Yay!

Hard for the following presents to beat, right? WRONG!

I opened the second present, with David informing me that I didn't get to keep this present.  It belonged to our good friend Rusty, and he needed them back by Friday. Seriously?  They were binoculars.  Well that was fun, I thought.  Opening binoculars for Rusty.  Nice.

Present three was in an envelope.

Yep, an envelope.

I had been eyeing it the entire time.

I even requested to open it first.

You need to know something.  David has gotten me Brad Paisley tickets, the musical Wicked tickets, Dave Barnes/Drew Holcumb tickets, and Graceland tickets for big celebrations.  An envelope could only mean TICKETS!

Finally, he let me open what I had deemed tickets...to something.  Eager anticipation, met by a gasp.

David had bought me Bon Jovi tickets!  Shut UP!  I had been after my dad to get us Bon Jovi tickets since first hearing they were coming to Memphis.  He said no.  David had previously informed me that the going rate for Bon Jovi tickets at the Forum were going for $6,000 a piece.  Um...no thank you.  I immediately asked him if the price on the ticket was the actual price he paid.  He nodded.  Good, I thought.  It was immediately met with a squeal.  Lace dog went crazy, and I tried to calm myself down.

See what you don't know is that I love Bon Jovi!  My dad did that to me.  When I was in the 11th grade, my Dad, my brother, my friend Eric, and his dad Mr. Mark, all packed up and drove to Nashville the night of Valentines Day.  It was so much fun, and a night I'll never forget. Awesome tickets, awesome friends, and even awesomer music.  Bon Jovi.

On May 19th, I'll fill you in on the rest of my birthday.  Because, you see, on May 19th, David and I will be sitting in seats on what is probably the very top row of the Forum, with Rusty's binoculars, jamming out to "Wwwwhhhhooooooaaaaa we're halfway there.....wwwwwwwwhhhhhhooooooooooaaaaaaa living on a prayer!"  And I'll have the best seat in the house next to my incredible husband--just call us "Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars."  Eat your heart out Dad (but don't be "Shot Through the Heart"--we'll be having "One Wild Night" because "It's My Life."  It's okay Dad, I'll tell you all about it.  I mean, "Who Says You Can't Go Home?"  You know what the sad thing is?  My Dad is the only one who will get this, unless Mr. Mark, my bro, or Eric are reading this, and my dad?  Yeah, my Dad doesn't read the blog.  Sad.  Oh well, David and I will "Make A Memory."

Great birthday...to be continued!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! How much fun!!! That is so exciting! I love all the Bon Jovi song titles/lyrics! You are so creative with that kind of thing!!

    ReplyDelete