"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

I'm obsessed with this woman! I recently found the Pioneer Woman (PW for short) off a friends blog. I was definitely doing some "blog stalking" and ran across a link. She is a city girl who married a cowboy and now lives on a cattle ranch. She obviously has a blog, but it's unlike any blog before! She posts recipes, photography, random confessions, etc. And if you need a laugh or an idea for dinner--this is the place to come! If you've never heard of her, don't quit reading my blog, but when you finish, go to this link: http://thepioneerwoman.com/

I've been trying to find new recipes to cook. I cooked for David before we got married and I feel like some of my recipes are a little old. He's tried most of them, and while they are good, I want new options. So began my journey with the PW! She has tons of recipes, and here's the best part--WITH pictures! Yeah, that's right! I'm the person that has to SEE it before I'll make it. She not only has pictures, but she shows you a step by step guide. Love it! So far we've tried the BBQ Pineapple Quesadillas (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/05/grilled-chicken-pineapple-quesadillas/) and the Marlboro Man's Second Favorite Sandwhich (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_s/). The Marlboro Man would be what she references her husband as, but let me tell you that MY husband LOVED that sandwich. Given that two of her recipes have been a great success, I thought I'd share the Pioneer Woman with you. Plus she gives away great prizes! And the desserts look WONDERFUL. We just don't need to eat that much dessert all of the time!

My goal is to try a new Pioneer Woman recipe every week. We'll see if that actually happens! Oh and word of warning, this woman likes butter more than Paula Deen. Not everything is healthy, but I have at least used Olive Oil when possible! Haha! Enjoy.

Pictures below of the two recipes I've tried. And no, they are not my photos. They are the PW's.


Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Marlboro Man's Second Favorite Sandwhich


Grilled Pineapple and BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

No comments:

Post a Comment