"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pinch Me, I'm Irish!

Okay, so I'm not really Irish!  But the point of this post was to share with you my cute St. Paddy's day decor.  The only problem with this was......I didn't think it turned out cute.  So rather than taint your opinion of my artistic skills, I decided I wouldn't post it.  I did, however, have high hopes of refurbishing it and trying to improve upon it on Monday.  My grand plan involved coming home from Brandon on Sunday night where we attended the lovely wedding of Kayla McCarver and Stephen Bryant and redecorating it in hopes that it could make the blog.

Problem...

When we returned Sunday night, I was feeling ANYTHING but good.  I climbed in the bed with chills, and asked David if he was cold.  When he said no, I knew I was in trouble.  After waking up in the night constantly to fever, I woke up Monday to a sore, swollen throat, headache, 101 fever, and my ear was hurting.  Not cool.  After laying around for TWO days with a constant 101 fever and increasing ear pain, I finally went to the "Doc in a box" nurse practitioner.  She did a strep test (which came back negative) and decided I had...get this...an ear infection.  Yes, 1 month olds to five year olds are laughing at me everywhere.  I know. Seriously, I don't think I've had one of those since I was five!  BUT, she gave me a Zpack and like that the fever and ear ache were gone.  Still have more meds to go, but I'm so thankful for the relief.  And thankful for a husband who takes care of me (and our puppy) when I'm sick!

So no redo on the St. Patrick's wreath.  Oh well.  There's always next year.

Is it bad that, while I know we're supposed to think March 17th=St. Paddy's day, I think ooohh...Billy and Mary Beth's birthday!?  Those are two of my very good friends and St. Paddy's day is simply a way to remember that it's their birthday.  So if you know those two people (and I highly doubt you know both unless you're in my family), make sure you plan on wishing them a happy birthday!  And by all means, don't pinch them if they actually forget to wear green!



And all of the pictures I have on my computer of Billy are embarrassing pictures of me!  Billy and my husband love to golf when we're in Brandon, and I'm very surprised I don't have any photos of them together.  So I just stole some from his wife's facebook page!  We miss you guys!

They came to Memphis right before we moved here.


Happy birthday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment