"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Monday, February 21, 2011

Put Me In Coach


All is right in the world...Baseball season has begun, and we enjoyed a FABULOUS weekend for it! Even if the games only last 2 hours. I'm sure many of you are happy. I, however, am not.  I would like nothing more than to spend all day at Dudy Noble.  It's my favorite thing at MSU and always will be.  We're not going to talk about this anymore.  It just makes me mad. Very mad.


 I'm so ready for us to be able to break out the swimsuits and get a tan! I only wish we were still housesitting for a house with a pool.  Pool, dark tanning oil, a good book, a diet coke, and my friend Zax the cat.  Great memories of some wonderful summer days!  This picture is from our honeymoon last year.  Can you believe we've been married for 8 months?  Crazy, we know!  It's time to pick someone to honeymoon this year.  Ideas anyone?  I don't think we'll be able to afford St. Lucia again!  Though it was great fun!


Speaking of good book...  I know y'all have heard me talk about Pioneer Woman. Well, she has a new book out.  It's all about her relationship with her husband whom she titles Marlboro Man.  The book is called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, and I have been anticipating its arrival for awhile now. Well thanks to a good Loving friend, I found out P-Dub is coming to...Memphis!  If ever I hated living in Memphis, today is NOT the day!  More specifically, FRIDAY will not be the day!  February 25, 2011, P-Dub is coming to Memphis.  And not only to Memphis, but about five minutes from my house!  I'm. So. Excited.  I'm going to bring my copy of her cookbook and get her to sign it too.  I cannot wait!  Check out where she is traveling in case it's near you!


Lacey and I spent the weekend in Starkville this past weekend.  My mom had all of her college friends come stay at the house.  They were so much fun and so much like my mom.  It reminded me so much of these girls.




Soon we'll have our reunion as well!  I did get to hang out with Brittany all Saturday in Starkville.  We had so much fun shopping around town.  Y'all will be excited to know that I bought Lacey the cutest outfit.  I've been looking for her a "Maroon Friday" outfit as we all know she is a Bulldog fan at heart {even if she is from Canada}. Well, Brittany and I found it!




Our little cheerleader is so cute I know! Someone tell David because he's in denial about it.  Actually, he's upset that our dog has clothes.  I must admit, I'm pretty sure this will be her only one.  She may get a Halloween or Christmas outfit, but you can bet she'll have this outfit on every game day.  Thank goodness there are a TON of baseball games! :)


I'm also happy to report, the hairy, ginormous, one winged cockroach from the last post was found dying in the bathroom this morning.  I took great pleasure spraying roach spray on him to execute him, and shivered when I sucked him up in my shopvac.  At least he's dead!

3 comments:

  1. Sara, I don't know if you've had time to read her book yet but let me tell you something- I have NEVER IN MY LIFE read a book as fast as I read that one. OMG it's AMAZING!!! I was pissed when it ended! haha! It's probably the best book I've ever read.. hands down. If you haven't read it yet, alot an entire weekend because you're not gonna be able to put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard such great things about this book. I love her recipes! So much fun! Wish I had been able to go to Starkville for the baseball games this weekend :( Hopefully sometime soon!!! Have fun on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish that we could have planned our Starkville visits to get to see each other. What a beautiful weekend you got to experience in Starkville. And glad for you that Baseball is starting up!

    ReplyDelete