"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Disappearing Act

Things disappear from my house. They just simply go POOF!  And they are gone.  

This specifically is a problem with the laundry and pantry!  {currently I'm afraid to do laundry because I attempted yesterday and the biggest, fattest, hairiest roach crawled out.  I screamed, jumped over Lacey, and ran for the roach spray. When I came back, he was mysteriously gone.  He left a wing for me.  So what did I do?  Shut the door and waited for the hubby to get home.  The second he walked in the door, I made him shake out every article of clothing to find my pesky friend.  I. Hate. Bugs.  Lesson learned=keep roach spray  in bathroom.  But this is not the point of this post}

Back to the disappearing act going on in my house.


Every time I wash clothes, there are about 10 pairs of socks unmatched.  EVERY TIME!  They sit on top of the washing machine until the next load of laundry is run, and then some get matched.  Some get left until the next time in hopes that they will turn up.  But not only do socks disappear, I've yet to find tights, running shorts, and tshirts.  And I'm the sole person in charge of laundry! 


Within the past week, I have looked for leftover pasta, yogurt, plain potato chips, crescent rolls and cheese {among other things}.  Every time I do, I think..where did that go? I had a whole thing last time I looked!  I've even been in the process of cooking dinner only to realize, we don't have ANY of what I'm looking for.  Take eggs for instance.  Every morning there seems to be a new empty cereal box on my counter.  Poof!  Strangely, I don't remember having this problem when I lived by myself or when my roommates were girls. Hmm.


And my husband just hollered from the kitchen, "Babe, do we have a secret mozzarella cheese stash or are we out?"  To which I responded...POOF!  {not really. I gave him a nonchalant "nope"}  Now he's eating leftover bar-b-q instead.  Poof I'm watching it go!


POOF goes everything in our house.  That is everything except the coffee.  It's good to know somethings are safe in our pantry!  Thank goodness. I'm not a nice person without coffee.

I think it's safe to say, yours truly needs to go to the grocery store.

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem with the laundry (not so much with the pantry though)...one thing that I did with the laundry that helped was to not load socks in the washer unless I loaded the pair. That way when I was folding them I KNEW they would both be there and if they weren't then I could officially blame the dryer....They were always there!!!! Good Luck with the "Poof Monster"! :)

    ReplyDelete