"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Christmas Already!

In honor of our 3 month anniversary this weekend...

Many of you may recognize this picture from our wedding 3 months ago. It was taken by our good friend Rebecca Long and is currently David's facebook picture.  Rebecca did a fabulous job capturing our friends and emotions of the big day.  While she didn't do our professional pictures, she took some really great photos that I know we'll treasure forever.  And, that's not to say that she isn't a professional!  Because let me tell you, she is!  Travel over to her website.  She's based out of Birmingham now, but loves to travel! Rebecca Long Photography
Anyway, here is the wonderful shot she took:


And here's another. This time in color:



Many of you may be wondering where we found such a car.  Well this is a car that was donated to Mississippi State last year.  It was nicknamed the Cowbell Cruiser which is rather appropriate since we left ringing cowbells! It's a 1929 Model A Car, but lucky for us, the standard transmission has been replaced with an automatic.  Thanks to our friend Cari Gaunt, you can see the whole car:


And here we are jumping in it to leave for our St. Lucian honeymoon (photo credit to Rebecca Long again). (Pictures from the honeymoon can be seen in an earlier post.)


Anyway...the other day before the Auburn/MSU game, my friend Brittany Martin stopped by Campus Bookmart.  Brittany and I share a love of all things Mississippi State and all things Chi Omega.  So when she text me Friday morning about a Christmas ornament that was for sale there, I knew we had to have it!  I was out running errands with my mom and asked if we could stop by. After an eventful search around the store, we found what we were looking for!  Is it not THE cutest thing you've EVER seen?




 Let's do a comparison: 



I just love how even the groom on the ornament is waving just like David is in our picture.  This is one of my favorite pictures from the wedding. It will for sure be framed in our home.  The only real difference is that I have in a short veil for the picture, and the ornament has a long veil.  But that's okay. I personally love my custom made veil by Molly Gee from MOLLYGEEdesigns. She made it from a lace piece off of the hat my mom's veil was once attached to (I wore my mom's veil in the ceremony).

Won't this make the perfect addition to our Christmas tree this year?  I'm going to have to find somewhere to write on there June 19, 2010.  Thank you Brittany for finding the cutest ornament EVER for David and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment