"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh


Sunday, October 9, 2011

Better Late than Never & Fall Wish List

There are seven unwritten blog posts that are sitting in my Edit Posts tab on my Blogger.  Yup. Seven.

I just looked at my blog and saw that I have ONE post from September.  Well didn't y'all just have fun reading about our eventful life in September!

The truth is, we have had an EXTREMELY eventful life. That is the reason the blog has been lacking so much lately.  I hate those people who have a blog and refuse to ever update it.  I'm not refusing! We've been traveling.  Seriously, this is the first weekend we've been home in the past 3 or 4. I can't keep up.  And working.  And living.  It's been fun, but I've neglected to tell you about it.  And what's worse is, while I love all 28 followers of you, I keep this blog more for David and I.  I can go back and look at all of the fun things that we have done since we became husband and wife.  So I hate that there is a huge gap in our lives now!

So, I'm going to attempt to catch you up.  Not in this one post.  Nope.  This is an apology blog post.  I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  I hope you accept it!  Thanks!

So on this beautiful Sunday afternoon, my husband is on the golf course.  My dog is asleep at the end of the couch as I type on my computer.  And I am trying to catch up on laundry and cleaning.  But when I thought about it, if my husband and dog are getting to do what they want to do today, I get to as well.  And I chose to update the long forsaken blog.  A post has been long over due! 

In case you didn't know, it almost fall!  I put out decorations and have been getting ready for the cooler weather.  My father in law owns Russell's Farm Supply in Collierville, and he has SO many fun pumpkins to decorate with. I've yet to decide on which ones to buy. That's not completely true.  I got a few small ones to decorate around the house with.  But I want pumpkins for outside!   He has green ones, orange ones, ones with bumps all over them, white ones, flat ones, large ones, and ity bitty ones.  I found this photo from a person who posted it on their facebook page.  You can at least see some of the choices.


Fall means many, many things.  It means pumpkins, colorful leaves, apples, thankfulness, football, duck hunting for the hubby, fires, and cuddling up to my hubby with a blanket.  It is by far my favorite season, and I love it!  I just wanted to share with y'all a few of my favorite fall indulgences.  Hope you enjoy and take note of some of them!

IT'S FALL Y'ALL! :)

Yankee Candle Autumn Harvest


I found this candle scent at Target.  I know Yankee Candles are a tad bit on the expensive side, but I usually get at least two seasons out of them.  Trust me when I say this one does NOT disappoint!  Here it is online. 

Fresh Market Pumpkin Spice Coffee


Yum!  I discovered this with a friend of mine. I had never been in Fresh Market.  We walked around trying all of the tester items they had out that day.  This was one of them and boy am I glad we tried it!  She talked me into putting cream and sugar in it {which I rarely do}, and OH MY GOSH! It tasted just like a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  We didn't buy any that day, but I went back now that it's colder outside.  Yummy! I've made it every day since I bought it.  It's so good.  And it makes my house smell incredible!  I've been drinking it black and it still resembles the pumpkin spice latte.  You know how you sometimes can't tell the flavor it flavored coffee? Well, you can in this one!  I'll be coming to Starkville next week. Let me know if you want me to bring you some!  It's incredible!  You can also order it online here, but you have to order at least 3. I'm not sure I could drink ALL of that coffee before Starbucks Christmas blend arrives! :)

Courageous
Now, I know this isn't really fall, but date nights are.  David and I had a date night this past Friday night.  We had so much fun.  We went to see the movie Courageous. If you have ever seen Fireproof or Facing the Giants, it is made by the same church in Georgia.  It's about Daddy's, and it's wonderful.  David and I both agreed we wanted to see it again when we decide we're ready to be parents.  We both think it's a must see for all parents.  However, even if you aren't a parent yet, it will challenge you to be a role model {"parent"} to someone who has a parent that isn't present.  Go see it. You won't regret it!  

Owls, Owls, and More Owls

David made me count last night.  There are 23 owls in our house.  Yes, it's fall. Yes, I love owls.  Yes, they go well together.  Do you have a problem with it?  I didn't think so.  My family never celebrated Halloween.  So rather than decorate creepy, I decorate with owls.  And they are in stores EVERYWHERE!  I have to exercise some restraint though and not buy every single one that I see!

Williams-Sonoma Spiced Pumpkin Bread
This is absolutely, without a doubt my favorite fall thing!  It's food of course, but it is the best stuff ever.  And in case you didn't know, there is an outlet in Memphis.  And it's about five minutes from my house.  Crazy.  We love this stuff, and I go buy it all of the time.  I think when it goes way on sale after Thanksgiving, I'll buy about 10 packs of it. It is the best stuff for fall.  I know you can make your own, but trust me when I tell you it's the best!  Seriously!  And it's easy, easy, easy!  Just come visit us and I'll take you to the outlet, and we can get it for 20% off.

Back I go to laundry and cleaning.  Hope you're enjoying fall to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment